Paulownia is a fast-growing tree with strong, light hardwood and high ignition temperature. It is about 30% lighter than any commercial hardwood, therefore it has multiple usages like construction, plywood, furniture, music instruments, or boats.
The Paulownia Shandong is an in vitro non-invasive hybrid between species Paulownia tomentosa and Paulownia fortunei. It combines the cold resistance of P. tomentosa with the wood quality of P. fortunei. Because of their narrow crown, more trees can be planted per hectare. The P. Shan Tong is currently the most appropriate type of Paulownia for the investment in valuable timber plantations as well as in biomass plantations.
Physical & legal protection
Guaranteed buyback at the end of the investment period
Liquidity during the investment period
Paulowniaceae are a monophyletic and monogeneric family of flowering trees with currently 7 confirmed species.
Paulowniaceae are now resolved as a distinct separate family consisting of the genus Paulownia. They are deciduous trees with large heart-shaped leaves and long panicles of white-purple to lavender flowers native to eastern Asia. The most widely distributed and recognized species is Paulownia Tomentosa with common names such as Princess tree, Empress tree, Kiri tree, Foxglove tree, and Phoenix tree.
The greenest, really sustainable asset. It is a recommended choice if you want to make a mid-term investment with ecological profit.
What is included in the tree price?
FEATURES & INFO
- BLUE PART (50%) -> All the Farmer services & Land
- YELLOW PART (25%) -> All other services, incl. Smart Forest
- RED PART (25%) -> Government & Other money collectors
- Paulownia tree sapling, a special non-invasive hybrid, resistant to low temperatures
- Initial preparation of the land was carried out a year before planting (i.e. 2019, incl. plowing, weeding, fertilization)
- The trees were planted in May 2020, the Farmer guarantees the first 2 years of the trees' life
- From the 3rd year of trees' life, we provide agricultural insurance for the entire plantation
- In May 2021, an automatic irrigation system will be installed by Farmer, which gives bombastic productivity
- Other maintenance includes - treatment against insects, fertilizers, pruning, weed removal
- Smart Forest services are: plantation/risks audits, plantation tracking devices (smart hardware, IoT), APP/software for your interaction with trees
- We offer 30-40 € per tree. All existing competitors offer significantly fewer services for a higher price of 130-300 € per tree.
- You can pick up the tree timber at the end of the cycle (ask the conditions!), or sell trees on our marketplace
- We will issue digital certificates/NFT (Non-Fungible Tokens) for each tree during the first years of the trees' life
- Payment is available now only via direct bank transfer (SEPA, inside the EU), for our mutual transparency and security
- You pay once and never again!
Ecological benefits, impact
Paulownia leaves are large, especially in the first year of growth and they help to clean the air from carbon and other pollutants. During the winter they are used as fodder or as fertilizer, thanks to the high nitrogen content. The deep rooting system of trees allows keep the soil from erosion and helps to manage water flows. For planting Paulownia we use unutilized agricultural land. Social impact.
REAL IMPACT. 1 ha of Paulownia/SmartForest saves up to 30 ha of the natural forest!
Our understanding of “investment” and “profit” is not traditional or financial, measured in fiat money/EUR/USD.
We understand and measure the “profit” in the amount of grown timber.
We are not a financial institution, we cannot guarantee or promise financial profit, we cannot impact or define the timber market,
therefore according to the law, we have to warn you that this sort of investment belongs to the “high risks”.
Smart Forest doesn’t provide tax advisory.
- EU, Romania, Greater Wallachia, 44°45'55.04"N 25°46'21.37"E
- Plantation size
- 2 ha, 20.000 m2, 1500 trees
- Planting density
- 750 trees per 1 ha, 3m x 4m
- Planted / Age
- 05.2020 / 0Y 6M
- INCLUDED, partner: Paulownia Invest SRL
- INCLUDED, to be announced later
- IoT & sensors
- (?), to be announced later
- End of the investment period
- 2026 - 2030, i.e. 6-10 years *
- Expected timber
- ~0,25 m3 / per tree **
- Estimated profit
- ~8 - 10% p.a. ***
* Smart Forest has the right to extend or shorten the growing period depending on the trees growing rate and timber market rate (more you can read in the service agreement)
** Harvesting will be made when the trees reach at least 0,25 m3.
*** The actual price of Paulownia on European market is between 250 - 600 euro /m3 (look here). BUT ! We expect the price will decrease to about 150 - 200 euro /m3 in the next 5-10 years. Considering costs of harvesting/ buyback, customers can expect ~50 euro per tree after 6-10 years, which gives return on investment 8-10% p.a.
* Smart Forest hat das Recht, die Wachstumsperiode zu verlängern oder zu verkürzen, abhängig von der Wachstumsrate der Bäume und der Rate des Holzmarktes (mehr dazu in der Servicevereinbarung).
** Geerntet wird, wenn die Bäume mindestens 0,25 m3 erreichen.
*** Der tatsächliche Preis von Paulownia auf dem europäischen Markt liegt zwischen 250 - 600 Euro / m3 (siehe hier). BEACHTE! Wir erwarten, dass der Preis in den nächsten 5-10 Jahren auf etwa 150 - 200 Euro / m3 sinken wird. Unter Berücksichtigung der Kosten für die Ernte/den Rückkauf können die Kunden nach 6-10 Jahren mit ca. 50 Euro pro Baum rechnen, was eine Kapitalrendite von 8-10% p.a. ergibt.
No customer reviews for the moment.