Smart Forest business model.
Smart Forest creates a marketplace, in which the main task is to provide an opportunity for a safe and secure investment in the trees/forest. To achieve this, all of the parties involved in the SF ecosystem collaborate - planters, investors, timber buyers and us.
Let’s shortly introduce the roles of each of these sides.
SERVICE 1: changing FIAT MONEY -> to the TREES *
( * - i.e. sale and purchase of Trees )
The role of the tree buyer/investor is to provide planter/farmers with additional financial liquidity in exchange for trees and maintenance services.
To fulfil this role and become a tree buyer/investor couple of steps have to be done:
- Your decision to invest in Smart Forest trees must be conscious and responsible. Please get acquainted with available information on the Smart Forest website (especially the offer, agreement, how-it-works). If you still have questions do not hesitate to contact us.
- Buy trees you like, and pay for the trees ONCE. All needed maintenance/protection services are already included in the price. You will not have to pay more for already bought trees.
- Consider yourself a SUSTAINABLE INVESTOR! Share your unique experience with your community.
- Subscribe to our social media channels to stay updated on important information.
- Pick other trees from our assortment, and COLLECT your own portfolio - the forest of trees from different parts of the world.
- Own and Hold! Do not forget that the best results you will receive after the investment period will end. Give some time for your trees to grow
- Take the timber -OR- sell trees in the marketplace at the end of the growing cycle (for Paulownia: 8-10 years).
The Smart Forest platform plays the role of trust provider between investors who buy trees and farmers who plant and care for the trees.
What exactly do we do:
- We find professional farmers/planters who offer the most profitable business models and the best-secured business opportunities.
- We make a full audit and risk assessment. We check the farmer/planter from a legal perspective, the company's formal and financial status and available land.
- We check the plantation in person and install the IoT devices as control & helping tools
- We sign the partnership contract with the farmer/planter.
- We divide their wholesale offer for small retail parts – individual trees.
- We issue a digital "Tree Passport" for every single tree.
- We sell these trees to you, our investors via our marketplace.
- We do an audit of the plantation every year.
- Planter provides information about his experience, company, and existing plantations.
- Planter provides the land for plantation (either purchase new land or use their available land).
- Planter prepares the land, plants the trees and maintains the trees throughout their growth- cycle.
- Together with planter, we create an offer - a profitable business opportunity for investors.
SERVICE 2 (since 2026) - change TREES to MONEY **
( ** - i.e. buy-back of Trees )
Tree owners / Investors
- Decides what to do with the timber - either take it as timber/lumber or sell it through the marketplace.
- In the case of taking timber, there is no need for “service 2”.
- In the case of selling trees, three owners get the money, withdraw money or buy trees from other plantations.
- SF invites timber processing companies (like sawmills, furniture producers and etc.) to make a bid for timber, sell timber and distribute the collected amount among tree owners.
- Buys trees from the plantation and sends money through Smart Forest marketplace to the tree owners/Investors.